Crispy Tumeric Omelette
Golden and happy Tumeric is every where these days. It's anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties seem to be shouted from the rooftops. Whether or not you believe the hype, it is a great way to increase the nutrition of your diet - just consume those golden lattes in moderation - they may have added flavours and sugary syrups!
My Mum has always used tumeric in curries and rice - I thought I would give it a go in an omelette - similar to the Vietnamese pancakes I love! This high protein snack is quick and easy to whip up!
Cripy Tumeric Omelette
Snack size! Add another egg and use a large saucepan if you are after a meal!
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- A few coriander leaves
- Drizzle a medium sized saucepan with olive oil and heat to medium high.
- Beat the egg lightly with the tumeric powder and salt and pepper until just combined
- Pour into the saucepan, tipping the pan so that the egg spreads evenly in a level layer.
- Sprinkle on the spring onion and coriander + add some goats cheese and chilli for an extra kick! Cook until bubbles appear and the top is set and cooked through. The edges will become nice and crispy.
Serve rolled up as a snack, you can add in spinach or rocket for a veggie hit. Or make with two eggs and enjoy with pita or toast and extra veggies!