Broccoli, Spinach & Chilli Breakfast Wrap - National Nutrition Week 2016!
Did you know that 96% of Australian's are not eating enough veggies?? Eating veggies every day is crucial for good health - they give us all important fibre, antioxidants and phytonutrients. Eating a variety of vegetables also helps us to diversify our gut micro-flora, which studies are showing is also a key player in good health and well being.
Nutrition Australia runs a great campaign called National Nutrition Week every year. It is a great way for health nerds to encourage friends to eat more veggies.
So, here is a quick and easy breakfast which has a good dose of protein to keep you full as well as 1.5 serves of veggies. You just need to get in another 3.5 serves to meet your recommended 5 serves a day! That can easily be spread out over lunch and dinner - and you can definitely have veggies as a snack with some dip perhaps.
Brocolli, Spinach & Chilli Breakfast Wrap
- Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets, finely sliced
- 1 full cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Spring Onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes, or fresh chilli finely sliced
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- Pepper & Salt
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat and drizzle on the olive oil.
- Beat the eggs and pour into the pan.
- While the egg is cooking sprinkle over the broccoli, spinach, spring onion and chilli flakes. Cover the saucepan with a lid and let the veggies steam for a few minutes while the egg cooks. Feel free to sprinkle on some cheese for another variation.
- Slide the omelette on top of your wrap and roll up or eat open.
Feel the goodness!!!